Wine Tasting: 19 Crimes Cali Red

Wine Tasting: 19 Crimes Cali Red
April 9, 2023
By: Lucy Becker

“Now, let me tell you what’s crackalackin ‘fore I proceed.” -Snoop Dogg



Are y’all Snoop Dogg fans? I know I am. I know my mom is (she has 20 of the collectable corks at home with Snoops head on it). Imagine if he made wine just as epic as his other hobbies. Well, you guessed it! He did! Let me introduce you to Snoop Dogg’s 19 Crimes Cali Red wine 2020. 


19 Crimes is the brand of Australian entrepreneur Chris Fetten, who was inspired to create the company after visiting a winery in California. He was struck by the idea of telling the stories of America’s convicted felons through wine, and 19 Crimes was born.  Some of the criminals featured on the wine bottles include Al Capone, Bonnie and Clyde, Pablo Escobar and Snoop Dogg.


19 Crimes Snoop Dogg Cali Red Wine is a full and dense California red wine blend with strong black & blue fruit notes up front from the Petite Sirah, complemented by bright red, slightly candied fruit in the background from the Zinfandel. The darkly toasted oak ties it all together along with a slightly sweet finish. Pair this Cali Red Wine with rich meaty dishes.


19 Crimes Snoop Cali Red can be found at most local grocery stores for an average price of $12 for a 750mL bottle. 


Self Review: I am not going to lie. I am obsessed with 19 Crimes Snoop Red Cali wine. I have been since my mom first brought it home from the grocery store a year ago. I enjoy the rich flavor of fruit and hints of vanilla. I feel a buttery sensation on my tongue and the roof of my mouth that leaves an appetizing aftertaste. I taste the vanilla at the initial sip, followed into a fruity second. 


According to page 147 in the Wine Folly textbook, petite sirah wine is known for a deep red color in addition to rich black fruit - such as plums, berries, cherries. It is stored at room temperature, even after opening, and can sit in the cellar for 5 to 15 years. It grows primarily in the United States of America, especially in California - which is where 19 Crimes is grown and harvested. 


Overall, I enjoy this wine very much, have and probably always will. I highly recommend this to other people if you look for a heavy-bodied, fruit enriched wine. Another pro for this wine, like mentioned earlier, is they have collectable wine corks.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wine Tasting: Soupcon de Fruit

Wine and Dinner Blog #3

Wine Tasting: Peach Fruitscato