Wine Tasting: Soupcon de Fruit

Wine Tasting: Soupcon de Fruit
April 9, 2023
By: Lucy Becker

No way, Rosé! That is right! Today, we have a lovely rosé d’anjou wine for wine tasting! This 2021 Soupcon de Fruit rosé d’anjou wine originates from Le Chateau, France.


I have had very few rosés in my life, all of which were very dry and tart. However, they are usually very light, fruity, and crisp. While I was shopping for wine, I noticed this bottle on display, and boy oh boy did it catch my eye. The way the light hit the body of the bottle, I knew it was coming home with me. 


I bought this bottle at a local wine shop called Total Wine in Gainesville, Virginia while I was home for the holidays. It was $16.99 for a 750mL bottle of wine.


Total Wine Review: A beautiful light pink, you will find this wine to be very fruity on the nose, with hints of red berries and pear. On the finish you experience a round and fresh rose with delicious lingering aromas.


Self Review: This light bodied wine has a fruity taste to begin with. I could sense strawberries and raspberries (two of my favorites) with a balance. With the first sip, I felt a tanginess in my mouth. As the taste progressed, my tongue got a dry sensation on the sides. I would say it is a sweet wine, with a bitter aftertaste.


According to the Wine Folly textbook, there are several ways to make rosé wine, but the most popular way is to let red grape skins macerate in juice for a short period of time (page 48), thus getting its pink color. A good rosé wine should have fruity notes and must be balanced by good acidity. You should be able to appreciate a slightly bitter note on the finish that helps refresh the palate


Overall, I was very pleased with the rosé wine and my selection of bottles, haha. I am drawn to more fruity and tangy wines, so this was right up my alley. I would recommend this wine to others, as well as I would buy it for myself again.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wine and Dinner Blog #3

Wine Tasting: Peach Fruitscato