Wine Tasting: Peach Fruitscato

Wine Tasting: Peach Fruitscato
April 16, 2023
By: Lucy Becker

Are you a fan of fruity wines? Perhaps peaches? Well, keep reading about this delicious and fruity Barefoot Peach Fruitscato Wine. 


My older sister is actually the one who suggested this wine to me. I do like fruity wines, and this Barefoot Fruitscato chain has many flavors:

  • Peach

  • Pineapple

  • Strawberry

  • Blueberry

  • Watermelon

  • Mango 

  • And More!


I got this 2020 year bottle of wine at a Kroger grocery store for a little under $6 for a 750mL bottle. It is bottled by Barefoot Cellars in Canandaigua, New York with a 7.5% ABV. 


Store Review: Barefoot Peach Moscato is a delightfully sweet wine with natural flavors of juicy, ripe peaches. This bottle comes with an easy-to-open screw cap, so no wine opener is needed. Best served chilled!


Self Review: This wine is a sweet blend of rose wine with natural fruity flavors. What caught my attention the most was that this wine is gluten free so it blended well with daily diets. One of my favorite fruits is peaches, which is a close second behind cherry. The flavors immediately burst in your mouth - peach with a bit of sparkle. I thought the light bodied sweet wine would pair well with a peach cobbler dessert or making a fruit tart cake. 


According to page 32 in the Wine Folly textbook, sweetness is the first trait you’ll taste on the tip of your tongue. I believe that I have a hypersensitive tongue (on page 33) with more than 30+ tastebuds where I would be more inclined to drink sweet wines. An interesting fact is also that women are over 2 times more likely to be hypersensitive taster than men. 


One thing I would suggest to Barefoot wine is that they make a cherry fruitscato next!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wine Tasting: Soupcon de Fruit

Wine and Dinner Blog #3